Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What We Learned in the First Quarter

The first quarter is quickly coming to an end. It's been a busy quarter and we'd like to share with you things we learned this quarter. We hope you enjoy reading our blog!

What I learned in the first quarter is about math. I didn't know that we can add the addends to find the sum.
Alysha

In the first quarter, I learned math. In math I learned how to add using the hundreds chart.
Reece

I learned that Mexicans made hand made stuff with beads like bead earrings, necklaces, and clothes. They made sand paintings which were hand made, too. But now they mostly use machines to make clothes, but they use hand-made stuff.
Kammiee

What I learned in the first quarter was how to add with the hundreds chart. I also learned what was algebra. In my spelling, we learned different words like "wrap" instead of "rap"
Makoa

In the first quarter, I learned Science. I didn't know that a moth can use its colors to make it look like something else.
Malina

This quarter it was very fun. I learned cursive. It was my first time doing it. In Social Studies, I learned about different parts of the world.
Sienna

What I learned in Quarter one is that we did a Science project on how animals need adaptations to survive in the wild.
Reilly

I learned that all animals need a habitat. If they do not have a habitat they will die.
Thaiden

In the first quarter, I learned about animal adaptations. A hyena can camoflauge in the dark with black fur. Also, when a bird flies, its feathers are tight so it won't fall. A shark has a liver full of oil so the shark can float in the water, Last, a zebra has something else than camoflauge. It can kick hard.
Walker

What I learned in first quarter is adding thousands together and regrouping them. Like 2,021 + 3,001. But now I know the answer is 5,022. Wow, that's a lot! Also, I never used a hundreds chart! So if you need to add something but you can't use mental math, use a hundreds chart.
Sierra

What I learned in first quarter is adding with a 100 chart. I also learned to subtract with mental math.
Matt

What I learned from Mrs. Tamashiro is vocabulary and different math problems. We write 15 words for our spelling test. We have the spelling test only on Friday. We learn fun things with Mrs. Tamashiro. We have Mrs. Saggers only on Wednesday. She teaches us about notes and music. Mrs. Tamashiro is the best teacher in the world. Mrs. Tamashiro is the beautifulest teacher in the world.
Kiana

This quarter we learned music! We also learned quarter notes and half notes. Also, we heard some cool music.
Jack

In this quarter, I learned how to tell time to the nearest minute. In 2nd grade I didn't know how to tell time to the nearest minute.
Kaleb

What I learned in first quarter is adding with a hundred chart and elapsed time. Elapsed time in the start and end like 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The elapsed time is 6 hours.
Kea

In the first quarter I learned about AR reading, KidBiz, MathWhizz, IXL, and more cursive.
Shamren

I learned in the 1st quarter to write in cursive in my cursive book.
Kaydence

What I learned in the first quarter is addition using 2 digit numbers. Sometimes I get mixed up with some numbers.
Xander

I learned how to write in cursive. It was difficult, but I got the hang of it. It's fun to write in cursive.
Jade

I learned to use line graphs. I learned how to do Algebra and bar graphs.  I also learned how to type on a computer really fast.
Jayvis

I learned about sound energy and that it travels slowest in gases and that it travels fastest in solids.
Maile

What I learned in first quarter was about using 100 charts to add 2 digit numbers.
Quintin

I learned in the first quarter that the giraffe can kick so, so hard that it can kick a lion head off!!! Ouch!
Christina

In the first quarter, I learned in Science that sound travels faster through solids than it does liquids or gases.
Marlee

We are looking forward to learning a lot more next quarter!




No comments:

Post a Comment